* An Oxford comma walks into a bar, where it spends the evening watching the television, getting drunk, and smoking cigars.
* A dangling participle walks into a bar. Enjoying a cocktail and chatting with the bartender, the evening passes pleasantly.
* A bar was walked into by the pass...
This joke may contain profanity. 🤔
Some good tips for your English class.
1. Avoid alliteration. Always. 2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with. 3. Avoid cliches like the plague. (They're old hat.) 4. Employ the vernacular. 5. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc. 6. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary. 7. It...
For anyone who gets confused about proper grammar and style in writing
I offer from the Internet, the following tip sheet, "How to Write Good":
- It is wrong to ever split an infinitive. - Contractions aren't necessary - The passive voice is to be avoided. - Prepositions are not the words to end sentences with. - Be more or less specific. - ...